CaveUT 2004 is a set of modifications allowing the Unreal Tournament 2004 (UT2004) game engine to display in CAVE-like displays and panoramic digital theaters. It supports off-axis projection for correct perspective and multiple views from the observer's viewpoint. This page provides an introduction to CaveUT2004, including download information, installation instructions, guidelines for the program's use, explanations of how it works, and descriptions of improvements planned for the future.
Coming Soon! We have been working on a new version of CaveUT for some time, and we hope to have it ready for public release in December. It has: (1) greatly improved screen synchronization (2) logging capability (3) a special cursor that can traverse the composite display and activate clickable objects (4) support for digital dome-shaped displays (5) the ability to drive navigation via UDP (6) a protocol for interfacing a treadmill (See UtVRPN ). An early beta is available, but only to researchers who can actually help us get the public release done sooner. Stay tuned!
All versions of CaveUT are open-source and freely available to the public. It works under all versions of windows and we plan to port it to Linux. If you have comments about CaveUT or this website, please contact Jeffrey Jacobson.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution, if any, must include the following acknowledgment:
"This product includes software developed and owned by PublicVR (http://publicvr.com)."
Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear in the software itself, if and wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.
4. CaveUT is a trademarks of PublicVR. Accordingly, products derived from this software may not be called "CaveUT", nor may "CaveUT" appear in their name, without prior written permission from PublicVR.
5. CaveUT 2004 v1.1 is the property of PublicVR. However, CaveUT 2004 v1.1 is a derivative work based on a Unreal Tournament 2004 by Epic Games. As such, it is subject to the End User License Agreement distributed with the installation package for Unreal Tournament 2004.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL PublicVR OR THEIR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.